AI is one of the biggest megatrends towards the 4th industrial revolution. Although these technologies promise business sustainability and product/process quality, it seems that the ever-changing market demands and the lack of skilled humans, in combination with the complexity of technologies, raise an urgent need for new suggestions. Suggestions that will be agile, reusable, distributed, scalable, accountable, secure, standardised and collaborative. To break the entry barriers for these technologies and unleash its full potential, knowlEdge project will develop a new generation of AI methods, systems, and data management infrastructure. This framework will provide means for private and safe management of distributed data and computational infrastructure to execute the needed analytic algorithms and redistribute the knowledge towards a knowledge exchange society. To do it so, knowlEdge proposes 6 major innovations in the areas of data management, data analytics and knowledge management:
- A set of AI services that allows the usage of edge deployments as computational and live data infrastructure, an edge continuous learning execution pipeline
- A digital twin of the shop-floor able to test the AI models
- A data management framework deployed from the edge to the cloud ensuring data quality, privacy and confidentiality building a data safe fog continuum
- Human-AI Collaboration and Domain Knowledge Fusion tools for domain experts to inject their experience into the system to trigger an automatic discovery of knowledge that allows the system to adapt automatically to system changes
- A set of standardisation mechanisms for the exchange of trained AI-models from one context to another, using visualisation and metadata
- A knowledge marketplace platform to distribute and interchange AI trained models.
Standardization activities and security issues, ethics, trainings, Business models and collaboration with relevant projects will be integrated into the knowledge framework. The knowledge consortium consists of 12 partners from 7 EU countries, and its solution will be tested and evaluated in 3 manufacturing domains.